If you would like to be considered for a position, please send us your resume, college transcripts, and salary history, together with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in joining Seton Home Study School, to the following:
Seton Home Study School
Attn: Human Resources
1350 Progress Drive
Front Royal, VA 22630
By e-mail: email@example.com
Click on the jobs below to see more information.
Graphic Design & Layout Specialist
We are looking for a graphic designer to work on Seton’s multimedia development team, specializing in print design and publishing. Seton’s multimedia development team is responsible for the graphical design and layout of Seton’s Pre-K to Grade 12 curriculum, in both print and online forms.
Graphic design and layout specialists in our development team collaboratively develop new layouts and improve existing layouts for our PreK-12 Catholic Homeschool Curriculum. Our designers work closely with curriculum developers and other staff members to find new ways of designing our textbooks, course manuals, and lesson plans to better serve the needs of our students.
- Design engaging and visually-compelling textbooks, course manuals, and support materials.
- Collaborate with a team of graphic designers and instructional designers to develop a consistent and intuitive design across all curriculum
- Develop layout mockups for new products based on initial document manuscripts, and further develop these mockups into fully-realized products
- Coordinate with curriculum development team to maintain existing curriculum and improve or update layout on an as-needed basis.
- Work with Seton’s print production team to create files suitable for in-house production.
- Communicate with third party vendors to create files suitable for publication at our off-site printers.
Qualifications & Required Skills
- Strong graphic design skills with a robust portfolio of design work
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Firm grasp of design principles and techniques
- Strong typography skills, with a robust understanding of proper font usage and styles
- Ability to work methodically on multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines
- Strong team spirit, and ability to work with other onsite designers to produce products with a consistent design
- Strong English skills, with the ability to make design decisions based on instructional content, making adaptations accordingly
- Excellent organizational skills and a keen attention to detail
- Willingness to learn new skills and adapt to new projects.
- Web design skills a plus
- Degree in related field a plus
- Familiarity with Catholic homeschooling and Seton’s curriculum a plus
This position is a full-time position at our office in Front Royal, VA.
Please email your resume with a cover letter and a sample of your design work to firstname.lastname@example.org.