If you would like to be considered for a position, please send us your resume, college transcripts, and salary history, together with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in joining Seton Home Study School, to the following address:
Seton Home Study School
Attn: Human Resources
1350 Progress Drive
Front Royal, VA 22630
Graphic Design & Layout Specialist
We are looking for a graphic designer to work on Seton’s multimedia development team, specializing in print design and publishing. Seton’s multimedia development team is responsible for the graphical design and layout of Seton’s Pre-K to Grade 12 curriculum, in both print and online forms.
Graphic design and layout specialists in our development team collaboratively develop new layouts and improve existing layouts for our PreK-12 Catholic Homeschool Curriculum. Our designers work closely with curriculum developers and other staff members to find new ways of designing our textbooks, course manuals, and lesson plans to better serve the needs of our students.
- Design engaging and visually-compelling textbooks, course manuals, and support materials.
- Collaborate with a team of graphic designers and instructional designers to develop a consistent and intuitive design across all curriculum
- Develop layout mockups for new products based on initial document manuscripts, and further develop these mockups into fully-realized products
- Coordinate with curriculum development team to maintain existing curriculum and improve or update layout on an as-needed basis.
- Work with Seton’s print production team to create files suitable for in-house production.
- Communicate with third party vendors to create files suitable for publication at our off-site printers.
Qualifications & Required Skills
- Strong graphic design skills with a robust portfolio of design work
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Firm grasp of design principles and techniques
- Strong typography skills, with a robust understanding of proper font usage and styles
- Ability to work methodically on multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines
- Strong team spirit, and ability to work with other onsite designers to produce products with a consistent design
- Strong English skills, with the ability to make design decisions based on instructional content, making adaptations accordingly
- Excellent organizational skills and a keen attention to detail
- Willingness to learn new skills and adapt to new projects.
- Web design skills a plus
- Degree in related field a plus
This position is a full-time position at our office in Front Royal, VA.
Guidance & Records Assistant
Part-time data entry position at Seton Home Study School. Approximately 20 hours per week. Send resume with cover letter to email@example.com
Due to the thousands of records that pass through Seton’s Department of Guidance and Records, this department requires an able and trustworthy assistant to the Registrar and Guidance Counselor in maintaining all student records for both Seton’s high school and grade school.
Desired Qualifications: Associates Degree or equivalent (2 years of college)
Desired Personality Traits: Mature, self-disciplined, reliable with sensitive student information, consistent and competent, knowledge of data entry, problem solver, clear and polite communicator, specifically in writing.
The Guidance & Records assistant helps handle the routine or light types of paper work of the department to free the Registrar and Guidance Counselor for more complicated and involved tasks.
In this job, the assistant will help in doing the following:
- Physically file various student records
- Transition files from elementary to high school cabinets
- Transition files to dead files
- Independently and accurately create or alter records in the database
- Independent Study Program: accurate data entry of all grades of student work in the Seton Database per the requirements of the Independent Study Program
- Accurate transcription of all transcripts and other data into Seton database
- Notify students and families by email regarding reception and entry of Independent Study grades; maintain written correspondence with them as needed
- Transcript/Credit Management: Skill in deciphering transcripts, scanning documents, and accurately entering transcript data
- Recognize and resolve any discrepancies that have been inadvertently missed
- Ability to think independently and ask questions when needed
- Communicate discrepancies to the Registrar and or Guidance Dept