Meet Our Staff
Seton has a staff dedicated to helping our enrolled families succeed. Whether you have general questions about homeschooling, or a specific question about a course, we have staff members standing by to help.
- Academic Counseling
- Computer Operations
- Curriculum Development
- Customer Service & SEM
- Human Resources
- Marketing & Communications
- Multimedia Development
- Records and Guidance
- Shipping & Operations
- Special Services
- Standardized Testing
- Dr. Mary Kay ClarkDirectorDr. Mary Kay ClarkDirector
Dr. Mary Kay Clark, the Director of Seton Home Study School, holds her Ph.D. in Education from Assumption University (1983). She also holds two Masters Degrees, one in Library Science (Case Western Reserve) and the other in Christian School Administration (Grace College).
In addition to her degrees, she has years of teaching experience as a grade school teacher and principal at Mater Dei Academy in Columbus, Ohio. Most importantly, Dr. Clark homeschooled her seven sons for almost two decades from Kindergarten through High School.
As a parent and an educator, her concern has always been to provide a solidly Catholic education to every Seton student and to create an atmosphere where Seton students, especially in high school, have the best opportunity to succeed in their studies and maximize their potential.
- Ken ClarkVice-President and CFOKen ClarkVice-President and CFO
Ken Clark is a graduate of Christendom College and received an MA in education and a law degree from the Catholic University of America. A few of his areas of expertise include organizational management, constitutional law, and art history.
Ken is a committed advocate of parental rights and Catholic homeschooling, and has helped lead Seton along with his mother, Dr. Mary Kay Clark, since the late 1980’s. Since Seton Press first started publishing textbooks in color, Seton has gained a reputation for its focus on Catholic art largely due to Ken’s work in photographing the masterworks of Catholic culture from museums and churches across the world.
- Deacon Gene McGuirkDirector of Academic CounselingDeacon Gene McGuirkDirector of Academic Counselinggmcguirk@setonhome.orgI am the Director of Academic Counseling. I coordinate the activities of the academic counseling staff for both the elementary and secondary levels. I am the father of four children, all of whom were home schooled with Seton for at least part of their pre-college educations. I have a B.A. from Queens College, NY, an M.A. from the University of California, Santa Barbara, an M.B.A. from Adelphi University, Long Island, and 18 credits toward a masters degree in Theology from the Franciscan University of Steubenville. I have teaching licenses from New York, North Carolina, and California. I was ordained a deacon in the Latin Rite of the Roman Catholic Church in 1988.It has been my great pleasure for over fifteen years to be helping families provide an excellent education, both secular and Catholic, to their families. It is my way to help build the Body of Christ throughout the country and the world. I help families develop the curriculum for their students, and I specifically help with high school counseling. If you or your friends would like to learn about Seton home schooling, please give me a call.
- Kevin ClarkDirector of Computer OperationsKevin ClarkDirector of Computer Operations
Kevin Clark graduated from Christendom College with a history degree, which he promptly put into use by working in the computer field. He has owned a software development company and now is the Director of Computer Operations for Seton Home Study School. His writings have appeared in Reflections, The Teaching Home, Hereditas, The Annals of Ste. Anne de Beaupre, and Catholic Men’s Quarterly.
- John ThorpDirector of Guidance & RecordsJohn ThorpDirector of Guidance & Records
Greetings! John Thorp here, at your service as Seton's Director of Guidance and Records. My job is to help our parents and students prepare for life after graduation. This can include college and scholarship applications, letters of recommendation, career selection, and religious vocation discernment.
I hold a Master’s degree in Education, a BA in Liberal Studies, and have been a credentialed teacher in California, Texas, and Hawaii. As a proud Seton homeschooling father of five children, my wife and I have dealt with many of the same questions you may have. Helping you succeed in your homeschooling journey would be a great honor for me. I truly look forward to hearing from you.
- Draper WarrenDirector of AdmissionsDraper WarrenDirector of Admissions
Draper Warren is the Director of Admissions and Conferences at Seton Home Study School and the Administrator of Catholic Harbor. He is a Seton alumnus, a graduate of Christendom College, and is currently completing an M.B.A. degree.
- Rhonda WayDirector of GradingRhonda WayDirector of Grading
Rhonda Way graduated from Boston University with a degree in Political Science. Rhonda had experience in administration before she came with Seton Home Study School in 2000 as a grader. Very quickly, Rhonda took over as the Administrator and Evaluator of all the Elementary Graders, and after a few years, became Head of the whole Grading Department. She answers questions dealing with grades and grading for the High School students, while her assistant, Bruce Hacker, answers questions regarding grades and grading for the Elementary level students.
- Stephen CostanzoDirector of Special ServicesStephen CostanzoDirector of Special Services
Stephen received his Bachelor of Science Magna Cum Laude in Psychology and Religion from the University of Mary Washington in 2000, and his Master of Teaching in Special Education with an endorsement in Learning Disabilities from the University of Virginia in 2002. He spent two years teaching children with learning difficulties in the public school system and has experience administering and interpreting the Woodcock Johnson III Achievement Test and designing and implementing IEPs and Behavior Modification Plans. Stephen taught a First Communion Catechism class at St. Joseph’s in Richmond. He is married and has nine children and one grandchild.
- Joe SparksDirector of Multimedia DevelopmentJoe SparksDirector of Multimedia Development
Joe Sparks is the Director of Multimedia Development at Seton. He has an M.A.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis in Instructional Technology from Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, VA. He lives with his wife and five children in the mountains of Northern Virginia.
- John AdamsDirector of Curriculum DevelopmentJohn AdamsDirector of Curriculum Development
John Adams is the Director of Curriculum Development.
- Chip HiblDirector of SEM and Customer ServiceChip HiblDirector of SEM and Customer Service
- Patty GrahamDirector of Standardized TestingPatty GrahamDirector of Standardized Testing
- Tom SayreDirector of Human ResourcesTom SayreDirector of Human Resources
- Jim ShanleyMarketing DirectorJim ShanleyMarketing Director
Jim graduated from Florida Atlantic University with a B.B.A. in Business Administration. He and his wife Betsy raise children and chickens in the Shenandoah Valley and are members of St. John the Baptist Catholic Church.
- Tim WagnerDirector of AccountingTim WagnerDirector of Accounting
- Chris NymanDirector of OperationsChris NymanDirector of Operations
- Andrew HiblNetwork AdministratorAndrew HiblNetwork Administrator
- Cecilia SauerElementary CounselorCecilia SauerElementary Counselor
Cecilia has been with Seton since 1998. She home schooled her daughter from 7th grade through 12th grade with Seton. Her past work experience includes working with industrial engineers and as a technician in a quality control laboratory. She is available for general curriculum questions, elementary math help, assistance with how to home school, and encouragement for moms.
- John ClarkCourse AuthorJohn ClarkCourse Author
- Darin ByrneAdmissions RepresentativeDarin ByrneAdmissions RepresentativeI am an Admissions Counselor at Seton. I graduated from the Franciscan University of Steubenville with a degree in Business Management, and hold an MA in Theology from Mt. St. Mary’s University. I have taught Religious Education in nearly every grade level, from Kindergarten through high school, as well as sacramental preparation and RCIA. I am passionate about Catholic education.I have been with Seton for 14 years, in various roles, from Conferences, Seton Educational Media, and Admissions, and presently serve on Seton’s Accreditation Committee, which has given me a well rounded knowledge of Seton that can put into service for you. Having served in Customer Service positions with the Federal Government, and in private industry for over 20 years, it is my goal to help every customer to the best of my ability. Please feel free to contact me at Seton Admissions and let me know how I may assist you!
- Esther WilliamsSEM and Customer ServiceEsther WilliamsSEM and Customer Service
Originally from Malta, Esther assists in planning and coordinating vendors, sponsorship and facility floor plans for homeschool conferences and also assists with online enrollments and placement tests in the Admissions department for the past three years
- Kathleen HuntAssistant Director of Special ServicesKathleen HuntAssistant Director of Special Services
Kathleen Hunt joined the Department of Special Services in October, 2013. She has a B.S. degree in Elementary Education, and has earned graduate credits in the areas of British Literature and Political Science from The College of New Jersey. She has a Collegiate Professional VA Teaching License - PreK-6th grade, and a NJ Teaching Certification in Elementary Education for K-8th grades. As the Assistant Director of Special Services Kathleen designs and modifies curricula for students based on their learning strengths and challenges. Kathleen's career in the field of Education spans twenty-five years. She worked at Princeton Public Library for ten years. She taught at St. Paul's School in Princeton, NJ, Wakefield Country Day School in Flint Hill, VA, and Linton Hall School in Bristow, VA. Kathleen also worked in the Resource Room at Our Lady of Good Counsel School in Vienna, VA teaching children with special needs ranging from 2nd through 7th grades. She addressed a myriad of academic, emotional, and behavioral needs as she implemented her students' I.E.P.s. She also taught at St. Padre Pio Learning Academy, Front Royal, VA. Kathleen's educational experiences have enabled her to hone her skill as an active listener when counseling parents. She encourages new or overwhelmed parents by sharing a variety of teaching strategies, as well as assisting them in tweaking daily schedules, or lesson plans, presenting a positive can-do stance, and reassuring them of her continued phone, and email support throughout their homeschooling journey. Kathleen's aim is to foster the "Joy of Learning" with students and the families, who are enrolled in Special Services. She is married with two children and five grandchildren. Kathleen is a member of the Legion of Mary at St. John the Baptist Church in Front Royal, VA.
- Walker SolisCurriculum SpecialistWalker SolisCurriculum Specialist
Walker has over twenty years’ experience with Seton Home Study School, both as a student (1994–graduation in 2001) and as a counselor since 2007. He has graded, developed curriculum and resources, assisted in Seton’s accreditation process, and contributed subject matter expertise for Seton’s aligned English courses. He served as a research assistant for the Seton Press edition of The Ballad of the White Horse.
Walker’s postsecondary education began at Our Lady of Corpus Christi College in Texas—highlights of which were editing the campus newspaper and weekly Scrabble games with Dr. Ronda Chervin—before transferring to the Franciscan University of Steubenville. At Franciscan, he was the editor of one of the campus publications and a columnist for two others. His semester in the university’s study abroad program included visits to Italy, Poland, and Russia. He graduated with a BA in English, with a Writing concentration.
He is currently obtaining a Master's degree in English from Ohio Dominican University.
- Sean O'ConnorHigh School English CounselorSean O'ConnorHigh School English Counselor
Sean joined Seton in early 2019 as High School English Counselor. He has lived most of his life in Virginia, having moved into the Front Royal area in 1997. Sean began his formal academic career at Lord Fairfax Community College after graduating from Wakefield Country Day School in Huntly, VA. While at LFCC, he served the college and surrounding community as the VP of Marketing Officer for Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society, helping raise funds for veteran students and cancer research. In May 2016, Sean graduated summa cum laude with an Associate of Arts and Sciences Degree in General Studies as an Honors Program Scholar while also being named the Outstanding Graduate for the Class of 2016.
After graduating at LFCC, Sean transferred to Benedictine College in Atchison, KS to pursue a degree in English. During his studies, he was committed to campus ministry by playing the violin at daily masses and the monthly “Underground” outreach events. Sean also was a student missionary with Saint Paul’s Outreach, living with full-time missionaries and leading a men’s small group. For excellence in the study of English and the Spanish language, Sean was inducted into both the International English Honor Society, Sigma Tau Delta, and the National Foreign Language Honor Society, Alpha Mu Gamma. In May of 2018, Sean graduated cum laude with a B.A. in English.
In his spare time, Sean enjoys playing violin and drums in addition to taking in the Shenandoah Valley from the seat of a motorcycle.
- Andrew BriggsSEM and Customer ServiceAndrew BriggsSEM and Customer Service
- Bob WiesnerHigh School Guidance CounselorBob WiesnerHigh School Guidance Counselor
- Jacinta BlackElementary GradingJacinta BlackElementary Grading
- Manuel VicenteScience and Spanish CounselorManuel VicenteScience and Spanish Counselor
Manuel Vicente joined Seton as an Admissions Counselor in March of 2003 and is presently does junior high and high school counseling for math, science, and Spanish. He is the father of four children, all of which have homeschooling with Seton. He graduated with a B.S. in meteorology from Florida State University and has worked as a forecaster with the U.S Air Force and as a Spanish-language forecaster on radio and T.V. in Miami. He has coordinated education programs in Florida’s prison system for several years and is a certified math teacher. Manuel has recently been involved in Seton curriculum development projects in science and foreign languages and actively promotes Seton homeschooling in South America and the Philippines.
- John PuglisiAccountingJohn PuglisiAccounting
I would like to introduce myself, my name is John Puglisi, I am proud to have graduated Seton Home Study School in 1998 and went on to acquire a Business degree. I enjoy living in the Shenandoah Valley with my lovely wife as we raise our six young children with the grace and acknowledgement of God. The pleasure of being part of Seton’s efficient, accommodating, and well managed Accounting staff for the past 15 years has been all mine. I’m happy to be of service in any way possible to assist Seton School’s vast and growing homeschooling family and consider our students to be the hope of our great country. I help in the areas of billing, financial receipts, and any accounting related customer inquiries.
- Sandi BarthAccountingSandi BarthAccounting
- Tom HerlihyHigh School Math CounselorTom HerlihyHigh School Math Counselor
Tom Herlihy answers your questions regarding High School Math and Physics. He received a BS in Electrical Engineering from Manhattan College and has home schooled his four children.
- Andrew SchmiedickeStandardized TestingAndrew SchmiedickeStandardized Testing
- Felicity SmootStandardized TestingFelicity SmootStandardized Testing
- Thomas CentrellaCurriculum Development SpecialistThomas CentrellaCurriculum Development Specialist
Thomas J. Centrella works in the Curriculum Development Department at Seton Home Study School. He has an MA in theological studies from Christendom College and a BS in Electrical Engineering from Wilkes University. He has more than 20 years of experience as an editor and writer, including two years as Managing Editor of IEEE Design & Test magazine. He is also a veteran of the United States Air Force, where he attained the rank of Captain.
- Rob JonesCurriculum Development SpecialistRob JonesCurriculum Development Specialist
Rob Jones is a curriculum development technician.
- Charles GaushDeveloperCharles GaushDeveloper
- Jason LoughryVideographerJason LoughryVideographer
Jason is the camera technician and videographer at Seton.
- Robin HiblLayout and Support SpecialistRobin HiblLayout and Support Specialist
Robin Hibl is the Layout and Support Specialist of the Multi-Media Department. She has been working at Seton Home study School for many years, and assists both the Multi-Media Manager and Marketing Director in many areas giving them support with web edits & design, online courses, graphics design & layout for many publications, assisting also with some aspects of social media as well as email support to students and parents.
Robin was homeschooled through Seton for many years, and many family members are also avid homeschoolers. In her spare time she likes to quilt, enjoys singing in two choirs, and spending time with family and friends.
- Nathan PurayIllustratorNathan PurayIllustrator
Nathan is our resident illustrator.
- Emily PrauseGraphics DesignerEmily PrauseGraphics Designer
Emily Prause is a Graphic Designer and Layout Expert for Seton Home Study School. She is a Seton alum of 2009, and received a Bachelors of Fine Arts in Graphic Design with a minor in Art History from James Madison University in 2015.
Emily recently moved to the Shenandoah Valley from Virginia Beach, and while she misses the ocean, she enjoys exploring her new home. She also sings in a local choral choir, paints, and makes handmade books in her spare time.
- Julia ClarkSocial Media CoordinatorJulia ClarkSocial Media Coordinator
- Ginny SeuffertCurriculum DevelopmentGinny SeuffertCurriculum Development
- Shan HelsleyShan Helsley
- Ryan CorriganHigh School English GraderRyan CorriganHigh School English Grader
- Jeffrey MinickMagazine WriterJeffrey MinickMagazine Writer
- Marygrace SchmiedickeStandardized TestingMarygrace SchmiedickeStandardized Testing
- Joanne SellorsGraderJoanne SellorsGrader
- Courtney NelsonGraderCourtney NelsonGrader
- Lucia FisherLucia Fisher
- Halina HiblShippingHalina HiblShipping
- Lauren MullinsStandardized TestingLauren MullinsStandardized Testing
- Bernadette WagnerStandardized TestingBernadette WagnerStandardized Testing
- Carl SchmittComputer OperationsCarl SchmittComputer Operations
- Michael BaronComputer OperationsMichael BaronComputer Operations
- Kathryn BaltrinicGraderKathryn BaltrinicGrader
- Margaret BaronGraderMargaret BaronGrader
- Catherine HigginbottomGraderCatherine HigginbottomGrader
- Nancy BrienGraderNancy BrienGrader
- Kathleen CancioGraderKathleen CancioGrader
- Mary DavidsonGraderMary DavidsonGrader
- Teresa EggerGraderTeresa EggerGrader
- Winifred EhlingerGraderWinifred EhlingerGrader
- Annette FlaggGraderAnnette FlaggGrader
- Robert GasperGraderRobert GasperGrader
- Helen GaushGraderHelen GaushGrader
- Rosemary TortorellaGraderRosemary TortorellaGrader
- Sally SpiewakGraderSally SpiewakGrader
- Charlene StoffelGraderCharlene StoffelGrader
- Miriam StricklandGraderMiriam StricklandGrader
- Kathleen GeorgeStandardized TestingKathleen GeorgeStandardized Testing
- Veronica SolorzanoGraderVeronica SolorzanoGrader
- Richard UpdikeGraderRichard UpdikeGrader
- Kristin WallGraderKristin WallGrader
- Bernard WayGraderBernard WayGrader
- Gabrielle TuttleGraderGabrielle TuttleGrader
- Elizabeth PilonElizabeth Pilon
- Carrie BrooksAccountingCarrie BrooksAccounting
- Catherine McGuirkStandardized TestingCatherine McGuirkStandardized Testing
- Pat WalkerCurriculum DevelopmentPat WalkerCurriculum Development
- Alex ClarkGraderAlex ClarkGrader
- Madeline CochranGraderMadeline CochranGrader
- Laurie FamaHigh School English GraderLaurie FamaHigh School English Grader
- Linda FornesGraderLinda FornesGrader
- Carol LittleGrading CoordinatorCarol LittleGrading Coordinator
- Michael McShurleyHigh School English CounselorMichael McShurleyHigh School English Counselor
- Andrew O'NeillHigh School History GraderAndrew O'NeillHigh School History Grader
- Craig BaltrinicFacility MaintenanceCraig BaltrinicFacility Maintenance
- Ron BombachWarehouse ManagerRon BombachWarehouse Manager
- Debbie MidkiffMailing DepartmentDebbie MidkiffMailing Department
- Ray NewcombPurchasingRay NewcombPurchasing
- Keshia WilliKeshia Willi
- Harry McMahonSEM and Customer ServiceHarry McMahonSEM and Customer Service
- Mary RajsnerReceptionistMary RajsnerReceptionist
- Lisa HartleyStandardized TestingLisa HartleyStandardized Testing
- Emily SilvaGraderEmily SilvaGrader
- Melanie SparksAdmissions and Testing Chat RepresentativeMelanie SparksAdmissions and Testing Chat Representative
- Mary JonesStandardized TestingMary JonesStandardized Testing
- Joseph StricklandRegistrarJoseph StricklandRegistrar
- Aidan CallegariHistory, Latin, and Theology CounselorAidan CallegariHistory, Latin, and Theology Counselor
- Cai AcuñaAdmissions RepresentativeCai AcuñaAdmissions Representative
- Carla SayreGraderCarla SayreGrader
- Anna-Sofie HicksonGraderAnna-Sofie HicksonGrader
- Thomas Herlihy, Jr.Thomas Herlihy, Jr.
- Christin EspinolaGraderChristin EspinolaGrader
- Mary ConnollyMary Connolly
- Jaime GormanGraderJaime GormanGrader
- Cecilia AdamsCecilia Adams
- Kristen ZengierskiGraderKristen ZengierskiGrader
- Natalie BriggsNatalie Briggs
- Christina NuttElementary CounselorChristina NuttElementary Counselor
- Bernadette SayreElementary GraderBernadette SayreElementary Grader
- Katy SteinElementary GraderKaty SteinElementary Grader
- Felicity FedorykaLayout and Design SpecialistFelicity FedorykaLayout and Design Specialist
- Joshua ButekSpecial ServicesJoshua ButekSpecial Services
- Laura FustoElementary CounselorLaura FustoElementary Counselor
- MaryRita GiesHigh School English CounselorMaryRita GiesHigh School English Counselor
MaryRita joined Seton as a High School English Counselor in December of 2020.
She grew up in Chester County Pennsylvania and from an early age read classic works of literature ranging from Homer’s Iliad to classics of the mid-twentieth century. From fifth through twelfth grade MaryRita attended Regina Luminis Academy, a Catholic private school whose aim is to provide a solid Catholic education based in the time-tested tradition of the Liberal Arts. Much of the school’s English Curriculum is based on Seton’s courses.
After graduating from high school in 2016 MaryRita continued her higher level education at Christendom College in Front Royal, Virginia. There she studied the Liberal Arts in even greater depth, revisiting many of the texts she had read in high school, while also expanding her repertoire. Though she appreciates Homer’s work and enjoys Dante’s Divine Comedy, the works of Dostoevsky, Evelyn Waugh, and Flannery O’Connor stand among her favorites to this day.
During college MaryRita learned the great value of analyzing literary works from an intellectual perspective in the Thomistic tradition. It is through literature that she fell in love with study of the human person, life, and culture.
MaryRita graduated Magna Cum Laude from Christendom in May of 2020 and joined Seton’s full-time staff soon thereafter. As she works through Seton’s English curricula, she is thoroughly enjoying assisting students and families with their course work and questions. Moreover, she hopes that through her academic counseling support, she can encourage Seton students to develop strong critical analysis skills and grow into a deep love of literature.
In her down time, MaryRita enjoys listening to a wide variety of audiobooks, podcasts, and music. She aspires to eventually publish her reflections on life and Catholic culture as a freelance writer. In the meantime, she loves playing piano and spending quality time with her fiancé, friends, and family.
- Theresa EnglishElementary CounselorTheresa EnglishElementary Counselor