Meet Our Staff
Seton has a staff dedicated to helping our enrolled families succeed. Whether you have general questions about homeschooling, or a specific question about a course, we have staff members standing by to help.
- Academic Counseling
- Computer Operations
- Curriculum Development
- Customer Service & SEM
- Human Resources
- Marketing & Communications
- Multimedia Development
- Records and Guidance
- Shipping & Operations
- Special Services
- Standardized Testing
- Dr. Mary Kay ClarkDirectorDr. Mary Kay ClarkDirector
Dr. Mary Kay Clark, the Director of Seton Home Study School, holds her Ph.D. in Education from Assumption University (1983). She also holds two Masters Degrees, one in Library Science (Case Western Reserve) and the other in Christian School Administration (Grace College).
In addition to her degrees, she has years of teaching experience as a grade school teacher and principal at Mater Dei Academy in Columbus, Ohio. Most importantly, Dr. Clark homeschooled her seven sons for almost two decades from Kindergarten through High School.
As a parent and an educator, her concern has always been to provide a solidly Catholic education to every Seton student and to create an atmosphere where Seton students, especially in high school, have the best opportunity to succeed in their studies and maximize their potential.
- Ken ClarkVice-President and CFOKen ClarkVice-President and CFO
Ken Clark is a graduate of Christendom College and received an MA in education and a law degree from the Catholic University of America. A few of his areas of expertise include organizational management, constitutional law, and art history.
Ken is a committed advocate of parental rights and Catholic homeschooling, and has helped lead Seton along with his mother, Dr. Mary Kay Clark, since the late 1980’s. Since Seton Press first started publishing textbooks in color, Seton has gained a reputation for its focus on Catholic art largely due to Ken’s work in photographing the masterworks of Catholic culture from museums and churches across the world.
- Deacon Gene McGuirkDirector of Academic CounselingDeacon Gene McGuirkDirector of Academic Counselinggmcguirk@setonhome.orgI am the Director of Academic Counseling. I coordinate the activities of the academic counseling staff for both the elementary and secondary levels. I am the father of four children, all of whom were home schooled with Seton for at least part of their pre-college educations. I have a B.A. from Queens College, NY, an M.A. from the University of California, Santa Barbara, an M.B.A. from Adelphi University, Long Island, and 18 credits toward a masters degree in Theology from the Franciscan University of Steubenville. I have teaching licenses from New York, North Carolina, and California. I was ordained a deacon in the Latin Rite of the Roman Catholic Church in 1988.It has been my great pleasure for over fifteen years to be helping families provide an excellent education, both secular and Catholic, to their families. It is my way to help build the Body of Christ throughout the country and the world. I help families develop the curriculum for their students, and I specifically help with high school counseling. If you or your friends would like to learn about Seton home schooling, please give me a call.
- Kevin ClarkDirector of Computer OperationsKevin ClarkDirector of Computer Operations
Kevin Clark graduated from Christendom College with a history degree, which he promptly put into use by working in the computer field. He has owned a software development company and now is the Director of Computer Operations for Seton Home Study School. His writings have appeared in Reflections, The Teaching Home, Hereditas, The Annals of Ste. Anne de Beaupre, and Catholic Men’s Quarterly.
- Nicholas MarmalejoDirector of GuidanceNicholas MarmalejoDirector of GuidanceAs Seton's Director of Guidance and Records, my job is to help parents and students choose the right high school courses for a Seton diploma. I also assist students with their scholarship and college applications, sending out transcripts and recommendations on their behalf. Additionally, I am Director of Seton's Accreditation Team, administer Seton's Chess Club and Independent Studies Department, and offer guidance on college and career readiness.I graduated with a BA in History from Christendom College in 2001 and earned my Virginia Teaching Certificate from Shenandoah University in 2014. I am currently pursuing my Master of Arts in Education from the University of Bath, England. I am married with three homeschooled children and truly enjoy the opportunity to help Seton families on their homeschooling journey. Please feel free to reach out to me at any time--I absolutely look forward to hearing from you! God Bless!
- Draper WarrenDirector of AdmissionsDraper WarrenDirector of Admissions
Draper Warren is the Director of Admissions and Conferences at Seton Home Study School and the Administrator of Catholic Harbor. He is a Seton alumnus, a graduate of Christendom College, and is currently completing an M.B.A. degree.
- Rhonda WayRhonda Way
Rhonda Way graduated from Boston University with a degree in Political Science. Rhonda had experience in administration before she came with Seton Home Study School in 2000 as a grader. Very quickly, Rhonda took over as the Administrator and Evaluator of all the Elementary Graders, and after a few years, became Head of the whole Grading Department. She answers questions dealing with grades and grading for the High School students, while her assistant, Bruce Hacker, answers questions regarding grades and grading for the Elementary level students.
- Stephen CostanzoDirector of Special ServicesStephen CostanzoDirector of Special Services
Stephen received his Bachelor of Science Magna Cum Laude in Psychology and Religion from the University of Mary Washington in 2000, and his Master of Teaching in Special Education with an endorsement in Learning Disabilities from the University of Virginia in 2002. He spent two years teaching children with learning difficulties in the public school system and has experience administering and interpreting the Woodcock Johnson III Achievement Test and designing and implementing IEPs and Behavior Modification Plans. Stephen taught a First Communion Catechism class at St. Joseph’s in Richmond. He is married with eight young children.
- Joe SparksDirector of Multimedia DevelopmentJoe SparksDirector of Multimedia Development
Joe Sparks is the Director of Multimedia Development at Seton. He has an M.A.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis in Instructional Technology from Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, VA. He lives with his wife and five children in the mountains of Northern Virginia.
- John AdamsDirector of Curriculum DevelopmentJohn AdamsDirector of Curriculum Development
John Adams is the Director of Curriculum Development.
- Chip HiblChip Hibl
- Patty GrahamPatty Graham
- Tom SayreDirector of Human ResourcesTom SayreDirector of Human Resources
- Jim ShanleyMarketing DirectorJim ShanleyMarketing Director
Jim graduated from Florida Atlantic University with a B.B.A. in Business Administration. He and his wife Betsy raise children and chickens in the Shenandoah Valley and are members of St. John the Baptist Catholic Church.
- Tim WagnerTim Wagner
- Chris NymanChris Nyman
- Andrew HiblAndrew Hibl
- Bruce ClarkBruce Clark
Mr. Clark, a Who’s Who historian, majored in history at John Carroll University and the University of Alaska before serving two tours of duty as a Green Beret Captain in U.S. Special Forces. Since his return from military service, he has taught or supervised almost every level of academic and vocational education. He has also been a radio talk show host, as well as a consultant and speaker for a variety of historical and political organizations. A home schooling father of seven, Mr. Clark has been the Seton Historian since 1989. The author of five historical novels: The Custer Legacy, The Castro Conspiracy, The Blood-Red Flag, Redcoats and Rebels, and The American Renegade.
- Cecilia SauerCecilia Sauer
Cecilia has been with Seton since 1998. She home schooled her daughter from 7th grade through 12th grade with Seton. Her past work experience includes working with industrial engineers and as a technician in a quality control laboratory. She is available for general curriculum questions, elementary math help, assistance with how to home school, and encouragement for moms.
- John ClarkJohn Clark
- Darin ByrneAdmissions RepresentativeDarin ByrneAdmissions RepresentativeI am an Admissions Counselor at Seton. I graduated from the Franciscan University of Steubenville with a degree in Business Management, and hold an MA in Theology from Mt. St. Mary’s University. I have taught Religious Education in nearly every grade level, from Kindergarten through high school, as well as sacramental preparation and RCIA. I am passionate about Catholic education.I have been with Seton for 14 years, in various roles, from Conferences, Seton Educational Media, and Admissions, and presently serve on Seton’s Accreditation Committee, which has given me a well rounded knowledge of Seton that can put into service for you. Having served in Customer Service positions with the Federal Government, and in private industry for over 20 years, it is my goal to help every customer to the best of my ability. Please feel free to contact me at Seton Admissions and let me know how I may assist you!
- John ThorpAdmissions RepresentativeJohn ThorpAdmissions Representative
Greetings! John Thorp here, at your service in the Admissions Department to help you enroll in our school. Whether it’s transitioning from a public/private school, re-enrollment, or pursuing a High School diploma, I am here to assist you in making the right decisions with your family’s homeschooling plans.
I hold a Master’s degree in Education, a BA in Liberal Studies, and have been a credentialed teacher in California, Texas, and Hawaii. As a proud Seton homeschooling father of five children, my wife and I have dealt with many of the same questions you may have. Helping you begin and succeed in your homeschooling journey would be a great honor for me. I truly look forward to hearing from you.
- Jason SparksAdmissions RepresentativeJason SparksAdmissions Representative
I am an Admissions Representative at Seton. I am a graduate of Peru State College in Nebraska with a Business Major. I am one of eight children and we grew up with the Seton curriculum. And now, my wife and I are preparing to teach Seton's Pre-K program to our little boys!
There is so much satisfaction in knowing that the work I do at Seton helps families succeed with homeschooling. Please contact me if you have any questions about the enrollment process, or if you just have general questions about the homeschooling experience. I will be happy to assist you.
- Esther WilliamsEsther Williams
Originally from Malta, Esther assists in planning and coordinating vendors, sponsorship and facility floor plans for homeschool conferences and also assists with online enrollments and placement tests in the Admissions department for the past three years
- Kathleen HuntAssistant Director of Special ServicesKathleen HuntAssistant Director of Special Services
Kathleen Hunt joined the Department of Special Services in October, 2013. She has a B.S. degree in Elementary Education, and has earned graduate credits in the areas of British Literature and Political Science from The College of New Jersey. She has a Collegiate Professional VA Teaching License - PreK-6th grade, and a NJ Teaching Certification in Elementary Education for K-8th grades. As the Assistant Director of Special Services Kathleen designs and modifies curricula for students based on their learning strengths and challenges. Kathleen's career in the field of Education spans twenty-five years. She worked at Princeton Public Library for ten years. She taught at St. Paul's School in Princeton, NJ, Wakefield Country Day School in Flint Hill, VA, and Linton Hall School in Bristow, VA. Kathleen also worked in the Resource Room at Our Lady of Good Counsel School in Vienna, VA teaching children with special needs ranging from 2nd through 7th grades. She addressed a myriad of academic, emotional, and behavioral needs as she implemented her students' I.E.P.s. She also taught at St. Padre Pio Learning Academy, Front Royal, VA. Kathleen's educational experiences have enabled her to hone her skill as an active listener when counseling parents. She encourages new or overwhelmed parents by sharing a variety of teaching strategies, as well as assisting them in tweaking daily schedules, or lesson plans, presenting a positive can-do stance, and reassuring them of her continued phone, and email support throughout their homeschooling journey. Kathleen's aim is to foster the "Joy of Learning" with students and the families, who are enrolled in Special Services. She is married with two children and five grandchildren. Kathleen is a member of the Legion of Mary at St. John the Baptist Church in Front Royal, VA.
- Karen Eriksson-LeeSpecial Services CounselorKaren Eriksson-LeeSpecial Services Counselor
Listen to an Interview with Karen Eriksson-Lee:
Karen Eriksson-Lee holds a Bachelor of Science for Dance with a Minor in Psychology from Shenandoah University, and a Master of Education from Shippensburg University. She began working in Seton’s Special Services Department January of 2018. In 1987 Eriksson-Lee founded the Northern VA Academy of Ballet in Front Royal, VA, where she is Artistic Director, and choreographs for her performing ensemble Dancing by His Grace. She is a professional ballet teacher, private coach and guest teacher.
Karen has taught academically and artistically for over 30 years with children of all abilities from pre-k to young adult, in private and public schools in both Virginia and Pennsylvania. She developed and implemented a Bible school program at St. John the Baptist Roman Catholic Church in Front Royal, VA, and taught at their home school co-op Guild of the Holy Spirit when her children were young. She worked in the Autism Unit at Grafton school, and at the Evans Home for Children for abused and under-privileged children in Frederick County, VA. She has worked in both public and private schools as a teacher and para-professional to children with Autism and those with Learning Disabilities.
Karen has taught ballet since 1985, developing her own Pre-Ballet curriculum over the last three decades, which has given the foundation for many young dancers to succeed and excel in their dance training. She is a licensed MUSIKGARTEN teacher, an Early Childhood Music Program that promotes musical awareness, respect for each other and the world around us, trains the ear, prepares children for both ballet and private music lessons, and promotes literacy and higher-order thinking. Eriksson-Lee has taught students from around the world in Musikgarten and ballet from preschool to pre-professional and is passionate about mentoring children to reach for their dreams.
Karen has three grown children who she home schooled, and who grew up in her studio. They danced in professional productions of George Balanchine’s “The Nutcracker”, and numerous other ballets through the years at the internationally recognized Central PA Youth Ballet where she was on Faculty from 2006-2016 until she resigned to finish up her Master’s Degree. She has written numerous children’s picture books which she is pursuing publication of. Karen loves spending time with her family, and helping her mother with the animals on the family farm. She loves learning, and instilling a love of learning in her students.
Karen is one of the first people you will speak with when calling the Special Services Department, and she is ready to answer questions, help you solve problems, and create strategies to help you in the education of your child!
- Walker SolisSenior High School English CounselorWalker SolisSenior High School English Counselor
Walker has over twenty years’ experience with Seton Home Study School, both as a student (1994–graduation in 2001) and as a counselor since 2007. He has graded, developed curriculum and resources, assisted in Seton’s accreditation process, and contributed subject matter expertise for Seton’s aligned English courses. He served as a research assistant for the Seton Press edition of The Ballad of the White Horse.
Walker’s postsecondary education began at Our Lady of Corpus Christi College in Texas—highlights of which were editing the campus newspaper and weekly Scrabble games with Dr. Ronda Chervin—before transferring to the Franciscan University of Steubenville. At Franciscan, he was the editor of one of the campus publications and a columnist for two others. His semester in the university’s study abroad program included visits to Italy, Poland, and Russia. He graduated with a BA in English, with a Writing concentration.
He is currently obtaining a Master's degree in English from Ohio Dominican University.
- Sean O'ConnorSean O'Connor
Sean joined Seton in early 2019 as High School English Counselor. He has lived most of his life in Virginia, having moved into the Front Royal area in 1997. Sean began his formal academic career at Lord Fairfax Community College after graduating from Wakefield Country Day School in Huntly, VA. While at LFCC, he served the college and surrounding community as the VP of Marketing Officer for Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society, helping raise funds for veteran students and cancer research. In May 2016, Sean graduated summa cum laude with an Associate of Arts and Sciences Degree in General Studies as an Honors Program Scholar while also being named the Outstanding Graduate for the Class of 2016.
After graduating at LFCC, Sean transferred to Benedictine College in Atchison, KS to pursue a degree in English. During his studies, he was committed to campus ministry by playing the violin at daily masses and the monthly “Underground” outreach events. Sean also was a student missionary with Saint Paul’s Outreach, living with full-time missionaries and leading a men’s small group. For excellence in the study of English and the Spanish language, Sean was inducted into both the International English Honor Society, Sigma Tau Delta, and the National Foreign Language Honor Society, Alpha Mu Gamma. In May of 2018, Sean graduated cum laude with a B.A. in English.
In his spare time, Sean enjoys playing violin and drums in addition to taking in the Shenandoah Valley from the seat of a motorcycle.
- Andrew BriggsAndrew Briggs
- Bob WiesnerBob Wiesner
- Jacinta BlackJacinta Black
- Manuel VicenteManuel Vicente
Manuel Vicente joined Seton as an Admissions Counselor in March of 2003 and is presently does junior high and high school counseling for math, science, and Spanish. He is the father of four children, all of which have homeschooling with Seton. He graduated with a B.S. in meteorology from Florida State University and has worked as a forecaster with the U.S Air Force and as a Spanish-language forecaster on radio and T.V. in Miami. He has coordinated education programs in Florida’s prison system for several years and is a certified math teacher. Manuel has recently been involved in Seton curriculum development projects in science and foreign languages and actively promotes Seton homeschooling in South America and the Philippines.
- John PuglisiJohn Puglisi
I would like to introduce myself, my name is John Puglisi, I am proud to have graduated Seton Home Study School in 1998 and went on to acquire a Business degree. I enjoy living in the Shenandoah Valley with my lovely wife as we raise our six young children with the grace and acknowledgement of God. The pleasure of being part of Seton’s efficient, accommodating, and well managed Accounting staff for the past 15 years has been all mine. I’m happy to be of service in any way possible to assist Seton School’s vast and growing homeschooling family and consider our students to be the hope of our great country. I help in the areas of billing, financial receipts, and any accounting related customer inquiries.
- Sandi BarthSandi Barth
- Tom HerlihyTom Herlihy
Tom Herlihy answers your questions regarding High School Math and Physics. He received a BS in Electrical Engineering from Manhattan College and has home schooled his four children.
- Andrew SchmiedickeAndrew Schmiedicke
- Felicity SmootFelicity Smoot
- Thomas CentrellaCurriculum Development SpecialistThomas CentrellaCurriculum Development Specialist
Thomas J. Centrella works in the Curriculum Development Department at Seton Home Study School. He has an MA in theological studies from Christendom College and a BS in Electrical Engineering from Wilkes University. He has more than 20 years of experience as an editor and writer, including two years as Managing Editor of IEEE Design & Test magazine. He is also a veteran of the United States Air Force, where he attained the rank of Captain.
- Rob JonesCurriculum Development SpecialistRob JonesCurriculum Development Specialist
Rob Jones is a curriculum development technician.
- Charles GaushDeveloperCharles GaushDeveloper
- Jason LoughryVideographerJason LoughryVideographer
Jason is the camera technician and videographer at Seton.
- Robin HiblLayout and Support SpecialistRobin HiblLayout and Support Specialist
Robin Hibl is the Layout and Support Specialist of the Multi-Media Department. She has been working at Seton Home study School for many years, and assists both the Multi-Media Manager and Marketing Director in many areas giving them support with web edits & design, online courses, graphics design & layout for many publications, assisting also with some aspects of social media as well as email support to students and parents.
Robin was homeschooled through Seton for many years, and many family members are also avid homeschoolers. In her spare time she likes to quilt, enjoys singing in two choirs, and spending time with family and friends.
- Nathan PurayIllustratorNathan PurayIllustrator
Nathan is our resident illustrator.
- Emily PrauseGraphics DesignerEmily PrauseGraphics Designer
Emily Prause is a Graphic Designer and Layout Expert for Seton Home Study School. She is a Seton alum of 2009, and received a Bachelors of Fine Arts in Graphic Design with a minor in Art History from James Madison University in 2015.
Emily recently moved to the Shenandoah Valley from Virginia Beach, and while she misses the ocean, she enjoys exploring her new home. She also sings in a local choral choir, paints, and makes handmade books in her spare time.
- Julia ClarkSocial Media CoordinatorJulia ClarkSocial Media Coordinator
- Ginny SeuffertGinny Seuffert
- Shan HelsleyShan Helsley
- Ryan CorriganRyan Corrigan
- Jeffrey MinickJeffrey Minick
- Marygrace SchmiedickeMarygrace Schmiedicke
- Joanne SellorsJoanne Sellors
- Courtney NelsonCourtney Nelson
- Halina HiblHalina Hibl
- Lauren MullinsLauren Mullins
- Bernadette WagnerBernadette Wagner
- Carl SchmittCarl Schmitt
- Michael BaronMichael Baron
- Kathryn BaltrinicKathryn Baltrinic
- Margaret BaronMargaret Baron
- Catherine HigginbottomCatherine Higginbottom
- Nancy BrienNancy Brien
- Kathleen CancioKathleen Cancio
- Mary DavidsonMary Davidson
- Teresa EggerTeresa Egger
- Winifred EhlingerWinifred Ehlinger
- Annette FlaggAnnette Flagg
- Robert GasperRobert Gasper
- Helen GaushHelen Gaush
- Heather O'NeillHeather O'Neill
- Rosemary TortorellaRosemary Tortorella
- Sally SpiewakSally Spiewak
- Charlene StoffelCharlene Stoffel
- Miriam StricklandMiriam Strickland
- Veronica SolorzanoVeronica Solorzano
- Richard UpdikeRichard Updike
- Kristin WallKristin Wall
- Bernard WayBernard Way
- Gabrielle TuttleGabrielle Tuttle
- Elizabeth PilonElizabeth Pilon
- Carrie BrooksCarrie Brooks
- Catherine McGuirkCatherine McGuirk
- Pat WalkerPat Walker
- Alex ClarkAlex Clark
- Madeline CochranMadeline Cochran
- Brendan ClarkShipping AssistantBrendan ClarkShipping Assistant
- Laurie FamaLaurie Fama
- Linda FornesLinda Fornes
- Carol LittleCarol Little
- Michael McShurleyMichael McShurley
- Andrew O'NeillAndrew O'Neill
- Craig BaltrinicCraig Baltrinic
- Ron BombachRon Bombach
- Elijah JonesElijah Jones
- Debbie MidkiffDebbie Midkiff
- Thomas NelsonThomas Nelson
- Ray NewcombRay Newcomb
- Keshia WilliKeshia Willi
- Harry McMahonHarry McMahon
- Mary RajsnerMary Rajsner
- Lisa HartleyLisa Hartley
- Emily SilvaEmily Silva
- Melanie SparksMelanie Sparks
- Mary JonesMary Jones
- Katie SummersKatie Summers
- Joseph StricklandRegistrarJoseph StricklandRegistrar
- Aidan CallegariAidan Callegari
- Cai AcuñaAdmissions RepresentativeCai AcuñaAdmissions Representative
- Carla SayreCarla Sayre
- Anna-Sofie HicksonAnna-Sofie Hickson
- Andrew D'AndreaAndrew D'Andrea
- Thomas Herlihy, Jr.Thomas Herlihy, Jr.
- Christin EspinolaChristin Espinola
- Abaigeal HowellAbaigeal Howell
- Mary ConnollyMary Connolly
- Jaime GormanJaime Gorman
- Cecilia AdamsCecilia Adams
- Kristen ZengierskiKristen Zengierski
- Natalie BriggsNatalie Briggs
- Christina NuttChristina Nutt
- Bernadette SayreElementary GraderBernadette SayreElementary Grader
- Katy SteinElementary GraderKaty SteinElementary Grader
- Felicity FedorykaLayout and Design SpecialistFelicity FedorykaLayout and Design Specialist
- Joshua ButekJoshua Butek